<bgsound src="http://www.angelfire.com/amiga/nato/theremix.mp3" loop=1 hidden="true">

Saturday, August 28, 2004

The weirdest apology I ever got

I grew up knowing that when you did something wrong, or felt that you needed to let people know that you empathized with them, you were supposed to say sorry. Well, given that you mean it, say sorry.

When I got back home from picking up dinner at Mr. Choi's for Daddy, I got into the elevator and saw my cute neighbor (hehe, my ex-crush). He was reading a mag when I said what's up.

And he looked up and got startled, or something. And he started covering his face, and right off the bat, he was talkin' bout, "I'm sooo sorry, my face looks so bad, I just got back from the dermatologist!"

So I look at him like, I can't believe it's not butter... So corny, I am. Naw, but I looked at him like, I can't believe you just said that, and I told him, "I can't believe you're saying sorry. Why, wHY, WHY?!?" No. I didn't say that - not the 'why' part, anyway.

And he helped me bring all the bags of chinese food into the house, and that was that.

I was thinking about it though. Why would he feel like he'd have to apologize for looking bad? And it wasn't even that he didn't. Even though all the red bumps were really noticable, I wouldn't frickin' hold it against him and be like, "Eww, I'll see you later, I'ma catch the next elevator." What could have possibly made him feel like he needed to apologize for his face. Unbelievable.

Well. It's probably what he does for a living. I mean, I can't imagine being looked at by millions of people everyday on TV. He probably feels like there's a need for him to look flawless everyday - even after going to the derma's. I just felt bad. I feel pressure as it is being a student, and having the boys depend on me for essentially everything - on top of that, trying to keep my parents pleased with what I'm doing.

Nevertheless, it felt weird. Especially for me, the girl that goes downstairs in her pajama pants (with weird prints, like frogs and stuff) to buy coffee. It isn't that I simply don't give a rat's butt about what I look like. I don't, like, let myself slide with the ugliness. But I can't picture myself insecure enough to apologize to someone I barely know for having a red, bumpy face. Felt kinda bad for him.

There's my random blabbin' for today. Lesson of the story?

It's gonna take a lot more than coupons to get us saved /
Gonna take a lot more than dew rags to get your way


Haha! Wala lang. I'm a dork. "why, wHY, WHY?! would you ask me that, WHY?!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home