<bgsound src="http://www.angelfire.com/amiga/nato/theremix.mp3" loop=1 hidden="true">

Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Kids say the darnedest things

I was born in '82. Yes, I'm turning twenty-two in November, but "iduhkerrr" because I know I still look 12. Whoa - defensive. Haha! Lemme start over.

I was born in '82. And being a toddler in the 80's, I don't remember much about it. Rob sure does. He wrote a whole song about it (skilled, I tell you, skilled). I do remember loving music from the start, thanks to MTV and Down Town Julie Brown. Haha! I would dance to Paula Abdul's Cold-Hearted Snake, and sing Whitney's I wanna dance with somebody to my dad, then ask him if I sounded like her. Wow. I was a wannabe singer from the get go, huh?

Anyway, thinking about the 80's (or the little that I actually remember of it) had me thinking about being a kid again. And the funny things that they tell me I used to say. Kids really do say the funniest things.

Example. I wanted Daddy to buy me some toy. And he explained to me that we didn't have money for toys. So I replied, "So instead of going to the liquor store to buy racing track forms and cigarettes, why don't we just buy more money instead?"

Francis'NaiKC

Kids are hilarious. They really are. I once had a dog named Buddha. And when Francis was around 4, I used to ask him what the english translations were for tagalog words. I asked him one day, anong english ng 'aso'? He'd reply, "BUDDHA!" Or when you'd ask him in English, What's your favorite subject in school? he would answer, "HOTDOG!". hehe.

My niece J'nai is a funny one, too. Her mom told me that she wrote a love letter to her 7-year old "boyfriend" that read, "I like it when you touch my desk." She's a crazy one. The only 7-year old I know that has memorized the word's to Eminem's My Dad's Gone Crazy. I REALLY, really wish I was lying.

KC is, as well, a cutie pie. It's just so funny how innocent they are!

Tina: KC, tell Mommy, 'I love you!'
KC: (nonchalantly)I love you.
Tina: Tell me, 'I love you' with FEELINGS!
KC: Mommy, I love you WITH FEELINGS, OKAY?!

Too cute.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home